SCHOOL BOARD MINUTES
JUNE 7, 2010
Call to Order/Pledge:
The regular School Board meeting of Independent School District #317 was held June 7, 2010 at 6:00 p.m. at the Deer River High School Media Center. Vice-Chairperson Anne Gardner called the meeting to order and led the Pledge of Allegiance. Members in attendance included: Gardner, Lee Pederson, Nancy Adams-Hulbert and Sarah Bellefy. Absent: Chairperson Vic Williams and Brad Box. Administrators present included: Matt Grose, Superintendent and Brent Schimek, Activities Director. Tiffany Johnson was present as recorder.
Motioned by Pederson to approve the agenda, as revised; seconded by Adams-Hulbert. MCU.
Effective and Efficient Systems:
a. Approval of Minutes:
Motioned by Adams-Hulbert to approve minutes of the May 3, 2010 regular meeting as written; seconded by Bellefy. MCU.
b. Approval of Disbursements: Motioned by Adams-Hulbert to approve the financial report, including accounts payable /payroll / transfers for May, 2010; seconded by Bellefy. MCU.
c. Consent Agenda: Motioned by Pederson to approve the nine consent agenda items:
1. Accept donation of $150 from North Itasca Electric Cooperative Community Trust for the Music boosters.
2. Accept donation of $10,000 from Enbridge Energy Company for the Warrior First Robotics Program.
3. Approval of contract with Ryan Christiansen as Full Time Math Instructor for the 2010-11 school year.
4. Approval of contract with James Miller as Full Time Physical Science Instructor for the 2010-11 school year.
5. Approval of Revised Out-of-School Programmer Contract for fiscal year 2009-2010.
6. Approval of Out-of-School Programmer Contract for fiscal year 2010-2011.
7. Approval of 2010-2011 Invest Early Services Agreement with Itasca Area Schools Collaborative.
8. Approval of 2010-2011 Specific Services Agreement with Arrowhead Regional Computing Consortium.
9. Approval of contract with Maureen Morrow as 80% Spanish Instructor for the 2010-11 school year.
Motion seconded by Bellefy. MCU.
d. Approval of Funds Transfer from General to Food Service. Motioned by Adams-Hulbert to transfer $13,732 from the General Fund to the Food Service Fund as a one-time correction; seconded by Pederson. MCU.
e. Part 1-Approval of Funds Transfer from Designated Fund. Motioned by Adams-Hulbert to transfer up to $100,000 from the Designated Facilities and Equipment Fund for technology upgrades; seconded by Pederson. MCU.
Part 2- Approval of Resolution Supporting IASC Network. Motioned by Pederson to approve the Resolution Supporting the Itasca Area Schools Collaborative Network; seconded by Bellefy. Roll call vote shows all present in favor. MC.
f. American Indian Education. Motioned by Bellefy to approve the American Indian Education Transmittal of Resolution and Success for the Future Program Application; seconded by Pederson. MCU.
g. Commercial Purchase Agreement. Motioned by Bellefy to approve the Commercial Purchase Agreement for property at NE 2nd Street, Deer River; seconded by Pederson. MCU.
a. From Delegation:
1. Brent Colligan, High School Principal. Distributed written report.
b. From Activities Director, Brent Schimek. Presented the 2010-11 Activities Handbook for 1st reading.
d. From Out-of-School Program Coordinator, Josh Solem. Updates on Boys & Girls Club and Learning Academy summer programs and upcoming “Streetball Tour” fundraiser being held June 17, 2010
e. From Buildings and Grounds Supervisor, Russ Bouchie. Maintenance staff is fully engaged in routine summer maintenance as well as start of numerous projects.
f. From the Superintendent, Matt Grose. Provided updates on various programs, including plans for IASC technology upgrades, the Deer River Summer Technology Institute scheduled for August, and the summer food program.
Motioned by Pederson to adjourn at 6:40 p.m.; seconded by Bellefy. MCU.
The next regular school board meeting will be July 12, 2010, at 6:00 p.m. at the Deer River High School Media Center.