SCHOOL DISTRICT #317
SCHOOL BOARD WORKSHOP
FEBRUARY 1, 2010
I. Call to Order
A Workshop of the ISD #317 School Board was called to order immediately following the regular meeting (7:20 p.m.) in the Deer River High School Media Center. Chairperson Victor Williams called the meeting to order. Members present: Chair Williams, Anne Gardner, Lee Pederson, Brad Box, Sarah Bellefy and Nancy-Adams Hulbert.
II. 2010-2011 Budget
- Elementary School; Amy Galatz. Provided updates on King School, including school goals, best practices, programs and services and parent involvement.
- High School; Brent Colligan. Requested program updates from Science and Math departments:
1. Karen Teff and Sheryl Spaeth; Math Department. Presented information regarding changes to State graduation requirements and proposal for increase in 2010-2011 math programming to meet/exceed those standards.
2. Mark Drotts; Science Department. Presented information regarding changes to State graduation requirements. Programming changes will need to be implemented in 2011-2012.
Recess: Chairperson Williams called for recess at 9:05 p.m., to reconvene at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 4, 2010.
Call to Order: The Workshop of the ISD #317 School Board was reconvened at 6:04 p.m. on Thursday, February 4, 2010. Chairperson Victor Williams called the meeting to order. Members present: Chair Williams, Lee Pederson, Anne Gardner, Nancy Adams-Hulbert, Brad Box and Sarah Bellefy.
II. 2010-2011 Budget-Continued
C. Carol Risberg, Business Manager. Reviewed budget scenarios and projections. Board discussion results in request for Administration to propose reductions away from classrooms and programs.
III. Race to the Top Grant Program
Discussion on grant requirements and potential implications to District.
IV. Property Issues
1. Discussion on options for sale of North School property.
2. Discussion on options for purchase of property from the City of Deer River.
Chairperson Williams adjourned the meeting at 8:05 p.m.